Thursday, March 12, 2015

Thoughts on Thursday Morning

I went for run #3 last night after work but before dinner.  It hurt (of course) but felt better than run #1, so that's progress.  The best thing about this run was passing a work colleague, an older woman (maybe early 60's) also out running.  It's been a long time since our paths last crossed.  She looked so fit and energenic in her running togs.  She told me she started running when she was 56 and has finished 4 marathons and numerous shorter runs.  She told me to keep at it, it would get better and the benefits were numerous.  So with that additional inspiration, I went on my way. 

Anyway, got on the scale this morning.  No weight has been lost at all - in fact, it was higher (scale must be broken).  HOWEVER, clothes are looser, I have a lot more energy and am actually sleeping a bit.

I think a big part of this is getting out at lunch and walking the dog.  Andy has been working this week (yes, Lady M, you read that correctly) and the pup needs a walk at lunch.  So instead of sleeping at my desk, I run home and take him on a quick walk.  It's easy to get to 10,000 steps when this is part of the routine. 

So, back to my thoughts this morning.  My joints are achy these days, especially the knees.  But they hurt much worse when I don't workout at all.  In January (no workouts), it was hard to get out of bed in the morning, the joints were so stiff.  Bottom line - I think it hurts worse to rust out than to keep moving.  So I plan to keep moving.

Have a great day, Sistas!!

1 comment:

  1. I am with you - joints hurt a lot more when I don't exercise and more intensely. I had to go on steroids/wear a splint twice for joint issues twice when I was not working out regularly.

    ReplyDelete