Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Namaste Yoga

I have owned this disc for years and use to do this workout regularly in the early 2000's.  But for about the last 5 years, my Namaste Yoga has been gathering dust in a forgotten corner.  I recently pulled it from the cobwebs as my daughter complained that the new yoga I was trying did not feature enough soothing music.

Anyhow, I had forgotten how much I like these workouts.  They are done by Kate Potter and they feature soothing music.   Each workout contains a 5 minute warm up, a 12 minute flow series and a 5 minute cool down.  What I love about this flow yoga is that it really flows .  It is easy to follow the rhythm of the poses hence the breath comes effortlessly.  It is almost like dancing through the yoga.

Season 1 and 2
I have been rediscovering my flexibility. Moving to Colorado, I swapped hiking for yoga.  My cardio improved but with recurring soft tissue injuries.   Tendonitis plagues my elbows, shoulders, knees, hips and low back. As a result of my New Years resolutions, I have put regular yoga (versus every now and again, once in awhile yoga) back into my life and my achy joints are getting better.  Plus the Dr. told me at my physical today that I had excellent range of motion.  I shouldn't get to excited about that though because judging from the folks in his waiting room, the average age of his patient load is about 80.

I highly recommend this yoga as an easy to follow workout that fits into any schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment