Friday, September 15, 2017

Bumper Crop

His Lordship planted some tomatoes and peppers at Doug and Annie's Flying Pig Farm and they have done so well that we have a bumper crop.



Time to make some salsa to take to Twisted Sister number 1.
 First peel the tomatoes by immersing them in boiling water for a minute.  The skins come right off. Then pull out the seeds with a spoon.
 



Then I throw them in the vitamix with cilantro, garlic, cumin, salt, powdered ancho chili and  fresh jalapeno pepper.  Blend it all up on a low setting - 6 or less and add some minced red onion.  Easy Peasy.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Nothing better than fresh tomatoes. On a side note, who remembers the Red Herring on the campus of the University of Illinois? Believe it or not, I ate there for the very first time today. Wonderful locally sourced ingredients used to create yummy vegan offerings. It was so GOOD! Will be going back. :-) I'll post a blog on making your own Kombucha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool - yes I remember the Red Herring - kind of a little hippie enclave. I think I ate there once or twice. Neale and I also liked the Y - they had a brilliant chicken curry.

      Delete