Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Hiking goal

 My hiking goal for 2016 is to hike more than 2 miles 3 times a week.  I know your real hikers are laughing because 2 miles is a walk not a hike.  But to my lard ass, it is still a lot of work.

His Lordship and I did some nice hikes (walks) last week.  Poor man - I hold him back so.  He has to take these mincey little steps and listen to me groan every time I tweak my knee.  His marriage prison sentence has been a long one!

We took some lovely pictures.  The first was of Red Rocks open space on a lovely sunny winter morning.   This is how it looked.


 
Our second hike was to the Lizard Rock trail in the lost creek wilderness.  It was stunning and we had it all to ourselves.  We hiked out and back about 7 miles.  The ice spikes on our shoes were lifesavers.



His Lordship on the trail.  We had to walk under this huge rock.

 
I hope you are getting outside to enjoy some fun and fitness this winter.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful blue skies. Why not let Mr. Minch go ahead/circle back? If Dave couldn't do that on the trail he'd lose his mind. There's no way
    I could ever keep up with him.

    I will not be out much this Spring ...until April. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He won't do it - I've told him to pull a Dave but I want him to go back down the trail and back so he does not scare all my birds.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful blue skies. Why not let Mr. Minch go ahead/circle back? If Dave couldn't do that on the trail he'd lose his mind. There's no way
    I could ever keep up with him.

    I will not be out much this Spring ...until April. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics and such beautiful, inspiring landscapes to hike in. I do my 2 miles walking the dog around the neighborhood. I'll bet that knee feels a lot better when the weight comes off. My joints feel better since I started making Lady M health drinks with mega ginger :-). (These comments need to come with little faces...haha)

    ReplyDelete