Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Teff Love

One of my resolutions is to learn to cook foods from the continent of Africa.  We have an Ethiopian Restaurant in town that I love but unfortunately, it is a fickle establishment and I think the proprietor opens only when she feels like it.  My take on it is that she and her husband are elderly and are not always up to the task of cooking for an adoring crowd.   I have been disappointed many times as, despite what google says about their open status, they refuse to answer their phone.

Enter Teff Love, a fun cookbook I got out of the library all about Ethiopian vegan cooking.

For my first Ethiopian meal, I made four recipes from the book.  One, a flax seed and collared greens dish, was a bit of a dud. The other three dishes however, were brilliant.
The yi'wot qimem, a black pepper spice blend and the ye'bedergan wot, an eggplant dish were simply scrumptious.  The spice blend was one of the ingredients in the eggplant so had to make that first.  I served this over some cous cous.
I also made Azifa, a tangy lentil salad.  It was delish and oh so healthy.  A brilliant edition to any ones repertoire.


It's a great cookbook and I think I am going to look to buy it.


1 comment: