Monday, September 26, 2016

Furhman salad dressing a hit

I had a salad tonight upon which I placed Furhman's balsamic almond dressing.  It was really good and easy to make.  I made it this morning in a jar using my immersion blender.  His Lordship liked it too.  Here is the recipe:
 
 
Easy Balsamic Almond Dressing
1 serving
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon raw almond butter
1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 ∕8 teaspoon dried oregano
1 ∕8 teaspoon dried basil

Whisk water, vinegar and almond butter together until mixture is smooth and almond butter is evenly dispersed. Mix in remaining ingredients.  I used real onion and garlic as the immersion blender will puree' anything.
 
We each had some and there is plenty leftover for another salad so way more than 1 serving. Definitely a recipe I will make again.
 
My curry was awesome too - I only used about 4 oz of meat cut very small as a condiment.  To that I added lots of onions, garlic, mushrooms, canned tomatoes and spinach.  I cooked it in a little spray coconut oil.  In addition to the regular spices - cumin, turmeric, ginger, coriander, and hot pepper,  I roasted two cardamom pods and ground them up.  That added a lot of sweet!  We ate it with small pieces of banana in lieu of mango chutney (which is full of sugar) over cauliflower rice.  I found that caulifower organic at Costco and it was delicious steamed with the curry. So no salt or sugar and very little fat!  You ladies should try curry - they are so forgiving and full of flavor!  We each had a serving and I have some leftover for a lunch!

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic. I'll make a curry this weekend. For the cauliflower rice, do you puree it or how do you serve it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just chunk it up really small in a food processor and steam it. I got mine in a bag already in tiny pieces from Costco.

      Delete
  2. Yummy, Ms. Minch. I'll make curry this weekend, I think. My hit from day 2 is the cherry chocolate ice cream. Not bad at all - in fact, I kind of like it. And it solves my "I need a sweet" dilemma. I made a big pot of the chili which I will eat the rest of the week. Curry is better, though, more satisfying. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum - I will have to make some cherry chocolate ice cream! And some Furhman veggie chili!

      Delete
  3. Not doing well...ate all the Fuhrman ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was healthy ice cream right??? So that counts for something. You could have eaten a bag of chips.

      Delete