Friday, September 18, 2015

Where Have I Been?

Perhaps you don't care and I don't blame you.  I deserted my blogs, everyone else's blogs and blog friends this summer.  I went from virtual living to the real thing.  Summers are short here and I hate to waste a moment.  So what crazy capers have I been up to??

Camping
His Lordship and I have been camping all over Colorado this summer.  He fly fishes and I bird.  We even went camping with one of the twisted sisters and her significant other over the fourth of July.



Birding
I am one a mission to see 25 birds in each of Colorado's 64 counties.  So far I have knock out 26 of them. I am also birding once a week with a great group of witty folks whose company and knowledge are beyond compare. In addition, one of my New Years resolutions has been to learn to bird by ear so instead of alternative rock music, I listen to tweet, tweet on my computer. I've had some cool life birds this summer including:
Black Swift


 
ptarmigan



Hiking
We've taken some pretty great hikes this summer.  My favorite was this trail in Ourey called the upper cascade falls trail.  You can see from the picture below that it was appropriately named.  Also, climbed my first fourteener - Mt. Bierstadt.


Travelling
Have been to Minnesota and the United Kingdom for milestone events.  My daughter graduated from University back in May and my dear brother-in -law turned 60



Gardening
Always something to do out there including failing at pumpkin horticulture.

Riding
Casper the ghost paint needs lot of attention.

Gaining Weight
Lastly, this summer, I have been packing on some pounds.  Vacationing in the UK with custard slices, birding with homemade chocolate chip cookies, visiting craft breweries for pints of my favorite IPA, I have put 7 pounds back on and almost have undone all my hard work last March, April and May.  I think I feel a diet coming on and even a booze free month.  Perhaps November.  I am still having too much fun for now!

Hope you have had a fun summer too!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a marvelous summer recap Kathy. Your bird photos are gorgeous. AnneMarie looks like a Renaissance lady in cap and gown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a marvelous summer recap Kathy. Your bird photos are gorgeous. AnneMarie looks like a Renaissance lady in cap and gown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a good summer - went way too fast - but not as fun as you! Keep posting so I can continue to live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete